Sunday, October 25, 2009

Another Race Notch on the Belt

The Race: Wellington Horse Country 10-Miler

When: Sunday, Oct. 25, 7:15 AM

Where: Around a lot of horse stables, apparently. ;) If you couldn't see them, you could most certainly smell them...

The past couple of weeks have been eventful for me, on the personal and athletic fronts. I entered my first 10K race, and a great one at that (the Epcot Race for the Taste 10K). I became a godmother to my nephew, and saw my husband for 2 weeks while he returned from Iraq for R&R. So now I'm quite happy to say that I completed my first 10-mile race bright and early today.

It was a fun and great event... And it felt so incredibly slow at times, unfortunately. I felt OK from a cardio standpoint, but every time I tried to go beyond a 9-min mile pace, my legs felt like 2 lead weights. Overall, I felt quite heavy and uncoordinated today. But that's a feeling that will pass soon enough, and it'll happen in the natural scheme of things.

I had pumpkin pancakes afterward at the Original Pancake House, and never has breakfast been so good. Something about running for a considerable distance makes food taste a million times better.

Until the next race!

No comments:

Post a Comment