Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Assess & Correct

Had my first-ever physical therapy appointment today, and it went well. It uncovered some surprising nuggets of information which threw me for a loop.

1. My quads aren't firing properly. Actually, my quads are also not that strong - shocking, especially because women generally tend to be quad-dominant. Apparently, I'm an exception.

2. My left hip is stronger than my right. Weird, considering I'm right-handed, so I presumed the opposite would be the case.

3. My core is weaker than I thought! However, when I did a plank for the physical therapist, she said my form was perfect. But there is always room for improvement here.

Overall, I'm really pleased with the results of today's session, and will head in a few times a week for PT. I'm actually really excited, because the corrections my therapist prescribed will make me a stronger, faster athlete. And I'll move closer to getting one of my goals of really tight, lean and strong abs.

1 comment:

Irene said...

I hope PT will help you as much as it has helped me! It sounds like you have a really good PT, too. ;) I look forward to hearing (reading) what you do there!


Thanks for the comment over on my blog. I've never been tested for food allergies, but have done OK in the past with some lactose free products. It's kind of frustrating because I'll find something that works for a long while, then it seems it suddenly stops working for me and I get rashes. Maybe it just takes a while for my body to figure out that it's dairy, regardless if it being lactose free. Thanks for the suggestions, though. It's worth a try.

Post a Comment