Friday, May 29, 2009

TGIF

Haven't gotten yet to my workout today, but I am so relieved it's Friday. That means I get to put in a relatively "long" run tomorrow morning - well, 5 miles, since I don't want to suddenly ramp up my mileage again.

I've recently begun to ponder over whether or not to hire a running coach for my half-marathon. The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards "yes" as the answer. It would be 8 weeks of personal coaching, with supervised running sessions and a nutrition plan. Irene said that she wishes she had started out with a running coach, and my hubby thinks it's a worthwhile investment for myself. Anyone have any comments about the coaching?

Yesterday's run was B-R-U-T-A-L, by the way. I still haven't gotten used to Florida heat, and yesterday morning it was already blazin' in the 80s, with high humidity. I ran over a 12 min/mile pace, and my legs felt like lead. Somehow, I'll have to make the transition and just feel acclimated to running in the hot, hot, heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment