Saturday, June 20, 2009

Slow Goin'

I'm only in week 2 of the coach's half-marathon training program, and it already feels like I've been through the wringer repeatedly. I guess adjusting to a new schedule and routine is rougher than I thought it'd be (I started a new job this week, too). It doesn't help that I'm not, by nature, an energetic person. Actually, I'm a lot closer to a lazy sloth than a peppy kangaroo or speedy cheetah. Left to my own devices I'm sure I'd spend half of the day in bed, and the rest eating in front of the refrigerator. So getting myself going takes an unbearably long amount of time.

Thank goodness it is Saturday today - I get to putz around, relax, eat my red velvet cake, and all that jazz.

Oh, and while I'm here, I'm gonna post my wish list. In no particular order:

-Foam rollers would be really nice
-And so would a Garmin Forerunner
-A copy of Vegan with a Vengeance (I saw this in the bookstore months ago, and while I'd never be vegan, this is a funny cookbook.)
-And a copy of the Engine 2 Diet
-And another kettlebell, of course

No comments:

Post a Comment