Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Updates & Whatnot

I finally caved in and got a new pair of running shoes yesterday. Quite happy to report that I got another pair of Sauconys (that brand and my feet seem to have a great relationship), and that I also got that plus a pair of socks for less than $90.

The new shoes

Anyways, my training the last few days have been difficult and slow-going, or at least it feels like it. I ran on Sunday morning, where it was already in the upper 80s by the time I got out of the house, and went slooooowwww. Yesterday was plyometrics and strength, which I covered at a local park. What seemed vaguely fun last Wednesday turned into an absolute chore last night, especially the squat jumps. I'm still feeling the "burn" from those, as they'd say.

And my running coach and I have figured out a time goal for my half-marathon: 1:45. It's doable, but it's also scary thinking about it. I really do want to run a much faster pace, however. I'll just have to buckle down and just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment